We love Laos and can’t wait to get back someday. Here are a few things we learned while we were there:
1. Just because there’s an “s” at the end of a country’s name doesn’t mean you pronounce it.
2. Never give your kids chocolate milk before taking an 8-hour van ride through the mountains.
3. Do give your kids dramamine before taking an 8-hour van ride through the mountains.
4. Taking a 4- and 6-year-old to the spa with you for a massage is anything but relaxing. Amusing, perhaps, since they view it as getting tickled for an hour, but relaxing, definitely not.
5. If you’re frazzled after your massage with the 4- and 6-year-old, floating in a tube down a lazy river is a perfect stress reliever.
6. This is a place time seems to have forgotten. If you want to capture a little slice of heaven, hurry, because it’s bound to change before too long.